Monday, September 25, 2017

Standard at Galaxy, the aftermath, and photos.

I never followed up from my previous post. The Standard part of the competition went fine. One of my favorite coaches from the midwest who probably did not remember me and had no idea I took a lesson from him at one time - Bill Sparks - even came up to us afterward and said, "good job!" That made my day. Probably by the nature of Standard, our dancing wasn't amazing, but it didn't make me cringe when I watched the video. Latin makes me cringe almost always.

Like I mentioned in my last post, we decided to scale down our latin routines. We've trimmed them severely and essentially made them syllabus, which I'm totally ok with. It's such a great feeling to do a simple figure and work on the movement instead of racking your brain trying to remember where your feet go or hope you keep your balance during the syncopation. We're still struggling to remember some parts, because our old routines are still in our bodies, but I hope we can pull it together by the end of the month.

For those of you not on my facebook or instagram, here are some photos from the event:





 This photo is of Ibrahim sewing my large stones on my dress...and me wearing them! *Teamwork*

 This is a start, but hoping to make these jumps bigger in the future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment